Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Wonders of Electricity

It's great when the power goes out, especially when you have all of your clothes in the laundry machine, and all of your perishable food in the fridge, which Antonio opens constantly. I don't think he has ever owned or used a refrigerator before because the other day he put our tomatoes and onions in the freezer. When I pointed out the frozen tomatoes and onions to him, he was excited to the point of literally exploding with glee. He quickly ran outside and gathered a small horde of the neighbourhood niños (kids) around to show them how he could bang a frozen fruit against concrete. They were also amazed.





Anyway, so what can you do when you're starving for a piña (pineapple) and you don't have any light? Well it's pretty obvious: you cut the piña by candlelight.





Anyway, since I'm in such a photo-y mood, here's one of today on Isla de Ometepe enjoying the Volcán Concepción.




Dan.

No comments: