Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dastardly Diarhrea

Howdy everybody,

So I wrote this post almost two weeks ago while I was in the clutches of a blast of traveler´s diarhrea. Needless to say some of the urgency of my (our) situation has past but nonetheless I figure that everyone should know (in great detail) about our bowel movements.

This is my first entry in our little adventure. In keeping with my attitude toward most things my entry is going to be full of angry rantings. Most people are rightfully wary of drinking or eating sketchy foods in foreign countries. For the most part I dismissed these concerns as the whining of girly pansies. However, my lack of discretion finally caught up with me last night. I was awoken in the middle of the night by a distinct and most painful rumbling in my estomigo. This heralded the arrival of my eternal rival diarhrea. After roughly 6 trips to our pathetic third world toilet, that flushes about every week or so, and an equal number of trips to the fridge to chug as much water as I could I figured that my trouble was over, not so. While my bowels were empty my stomach was not. After a good solid minute of vomiting up our tasty dinner of pasta and meat sauce, and then dry heaving for another minute for good measure, Dan offered his magnanimous assistance by telling me to shut up. He´s a caring guy that Dan.

After divesting myself of every bodily fluid except one I was finally able to fall asleep. The next day I decided to skip our morning spanish lesson because I felt that crapping myself in front of our teachers may come off as a cultural faux pas. However, my morning sleep didn´t quite go as planned. I was woken up an hour later by our super awesome terrific jack ass neighbours playing some extremely loud and obnoxious spanish pop song. To add some back up vocals to the sweet music a pack of roosters joined in. Whoever said that roosters only crow at dawn is an idiot, and I plan to beat him/her senseless when I find them. Needless to say my opinion of the people in our neighbourhood and their barnyard managerie has taken a serious turn for the worse. Who the hell keeps roosters anyway? Chickens lay eggs people, roosters are just noisy disease factories.

Since that post Dan and Rafer both contracted whatever disease I had. I´ve gotta say I took a lot of pleasure watching them writhe arough vomiting and shitting themselves. Especially Dan!

No comments: